Thursday, June 6, 2013

Fat Girl Colors

can you give us an update of your size/weight stats? you look quite smaller than a few months ago. if someone wanted to buy you some clothing, would you accept it?

I'm actually a itty bit bigger. I'm now about 240 lbs. 46-38-48 abouts. 

And yes. I would totally let someone buy me clothing.

ermahhgerd: Hello Fall Top/Jeans: Forever 21, Shoes/Purse:...









ermahhgerd:

Hello Fall

Top/Jeans: Forever 21, Shoes/Purse: Target… and god, I have no idea where that belt came from. I didn't even know I had it. 

Been a while since I've done this. 

ermahhgerd: Too adorable for my own good.



ermahhgerd:

Too adorable for my own good.

ermahhgerd: Date outfit?



ermahhgerd:

Date outfit?

ermahhgerd: Grocery shopping.



ermahhgerd:

Grocery shopping.

ermahhgerd: Off to work. Bird print shirt dress from Target...



ermahhgerd:

Off to work. Bird print shirt dress from Target Plus size range (size 1), belt from ASOS (size 16), and mustard flats from Target. :)

ermahhgerd: Supercutez Dress: Kohl's (Vera Wang Collection - $8...













ermahhgerd:

Supercutez

Dress: Kohl's (Vera Wang Collection - $8 on sale) size XL, Cardi: Target XXL, Shoes: K-mart size 11, Tights: WeLoveColors.com Size E, Belt: Forever 21+ size 1X

I was super happy to find this pretty dress yesterday. And I wore it to work today. And I feel like a pretty pretty princess in a sea of boring business drudgery. Yay, I'm eating pizza rolls for lunch. 

ermahhgerd: Smurf Legs Skirt/Cardi/Wedges/Belt: Target XXL,...









ermahhgerd:

Smurf Legs

Skirt/Cardi/Wedges/Belt: Target XXL, Tank: Old Navy, Tights: WeLoveColors.com, Necklace: Forever21

I thought these tights were a mintier color, but it turns out they are just blue. And my legs are smurfy. But I'm a sexy smurf, so it's all good. But also, I really really really love my hair color!!! I never want it to change. 

I may begin to post my fashions exclusively at my other blog and scrap this one. Now that I've stopped posting the NSFW content at the other one, I feel comfortable posting my clothing on the same blog. Unless anyone here can give me a reason why not to…

hey for your post "leggings are pants too", can you link the exact leggings? are they still on the website and also what size are yours because they look really thick and opaque unlike most leggings, thanks so much hun <3

The leggings are just the "basic leggings" from Forever 21's plus size range. I bought mine in a 2x because I wanted them to be less see-through. I believe they are still available on the site right now. They usually restock them when they run out.

I have a body type that's similar to yours, but i'm much shorter, nearly 5'2 and I love so many clothes but everything is long on me. Also i've never been comfortable wearing shorts that aren't bermuda's and I really don't know how to break this because I see all these fashions and I want to try them but i'm not comfortable enough to. Any advice?

I don't know what to offer to you about things being too long on you. I really don't have much experience in that department as I'm 5'8". 

In regards to everything else though, push yourself to be a little uncomfortable. Because, unless it is a purely physical discomfort, it is probably just a hardwired feeling of insecurity keeping you from enjoying shorter shorts. From my own experience, I've learned that wearing short shorts and short skirts and having bare arms… they all seem harder to do than they actually are. And if you get used to doing it, you'll forget you were ever insecure.

However, if wearing short shorts is a physical discomfort thing, I personally use unscented deodorant sticks to keep my legs from chaffing. I keep a stick in my purse. It gets all the sweat and makes it less friction-y. But there are creams and sticks designed specifically for chub rub that you can look into as well. 

My Fatkini has Cherries on it Fatkini-ModCloth size 18(Esther...









My Fatkini has Cherries on it

Fatkini-ModCloth size 18(Esther Williams <— in better fabric selection, if you are willing to wait)

When I ordered this bikini, I also ordered this one. Unfortunately, despite the cuteness of the leopard print bikini, it just was not nearly supportive enough in the bust… and I only have a B-cup. So, it's going back. But apparently ModCloth have some absurdly adorable bikinis coming soon… and now I wish I could have all the bikinis in the world.

Leggings Are Pants Too Leggings: Forever 21, Crop Top: Target,...







Leggings Are Pants Too

Leggings: Forever 21, Crop Top: Target, Shoes: Target (Goodwill)

So I dreamed up this outfit as a drive-in movie sort of thing. But mostly, it's just me wanting to wear leggings with everything. 

Not for sale, just me looking foxy. Skirt: Target XL, Top: Old...







Not for sale, just me looking foxy.

Skirt: Target XL, Top: Old Navy XL, Shoes: Lane Bryant 11W

I like yellow. More than other colors. At least right now. I went through a red phase for a bit there. And I'm starting to like orange-y colors too. It's funny because I never wore yellow previously. But now the color just makes me happy. 

We have the same size feet! :O It's so hard for me to find pretty shoes, where do you usually shop for yours? Btw you are gorgeous!

Lane Bryant, Avenue, and Torrid are my go-to places to find shoes. I can occasionally find stuff at other places, but I generally need wide-width shoes. I've also discovered that Jessica London has wide widths, but I haven't taken the chance to order a pair yet. 

Top/Cardi/Sandal: Target size XXL and 11, Necklace/Shorts:...







Top/Cardi/Sandal: Target size XXL and 11, Necklace/Shorts: Forever 21

My bra matchs my skin tone. And it's nearly white. Which makes me laugh. 

Strong and Feminine Top/Skirt: Old Navy size XL, Shoes: Torrid...









Strong and Feminine

Top/Skirt: Old Navy size XL, Shoes: Torrid size 11W, Bow Necklace: Forever 21

I feel pretty in A-line skirts, even if I happen to love body-con skirts more. And these heels make me look so tall (well, they do make me almost 6'2"). <3

'Twas a Calm Day Top: Alloy size XXL,...







'Twas a Calm Day

Top: Alloy size XXL, Shorts/Necklace/Belt: Forever 21 size 16, Sandals: Target size 11

Aside from the huge chunk I bit out of my lip eating a PB&J sandwich, it hasn't been to bad a day. And this sort of comfortable outfit is exactly what I needed.

Yeah, I know it is mildly tacky to use collage I generated with...



Yeah, I know it is mildly tacky to use collage I generated with iPhone apps, but it was fun and so I am going to do it anyway. Merp.

Top: Target XXL, Pants: Old Navy size 18, Shoes: Torrid size 11W

Yellow Dress Dress: Forever 21 size 1x, Shoes/Belt: Target size...







Yellow Dress

Dress: Forever 21 size 1x, Shoes/Belt: Target size 11 and 2x

Taking pictures of my arms today so that I can love them more tomorrow.

Crop-Top Belly Flop All from Target: Top size XXL, Bottom size...











Crop-Top Belly Flop

All from Target: Top size XXL, Bottom size 18, Sandal size 11

I love my body. But I still have to teach myself to not let other people influence my choices. If I practice, by wearing what I like regardless, I'll learn to ignore the voice that says that I should hide my belly. It's a work in process still, along with wearing just tank tops. But I figure I have all summer to teach myself that I have no obligation to please anyone but myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment